Tuesday 4 March 2014

Waterloo Project

landscaping idea




Over the second half of semester one and the second half of semester two we undertook a project titled Waterloo Open Space.
The first semester involved site selection and analysis, we started at a macro scale investingating Waterloo and analysing the entire area in groups. Following this stage we selected sites to work on and develop.
I chose Chaplin Close which provides sheltered accoodation for elderly and disabled residents in the heart of the Waterloo area.
After alot of analysis, meeting with the residemts and discussing my goals and objectives with tutors i decided to undertake a design that would meet the desires of Chaplin Closes residents but would also enage and benefit the surrounding community.
During my analysis I had highlighted the major routes and roads in and around the close that I felt degined Chaplin Closes immediate neighbourhood. To unite this neighbourhood I created a pocket park at the gateway from Waterloo Road and introduced a scheme of living walls throughout the neighbourhood. Furthermore I designed a sensory garden within the close again with living wall as a main feature but also a two tier pond and fragrant herbal plantiong beds.

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment